I believe that Lucy should go to school because she will learn and she can have a better life.
My first reason is she will learn so many things because she will learn to read, to write, to do maths and do literacy. She will also learn how to do things she would do in life. So that is why I believe that Lucy should go to school.
My second reason is she can have a better life because in life you have to read write and do maths. E.g. when you pass a shop it has writing on the sign and when you go to the shops you buy something you have to work out how much money you need to give. So that is why I believe that Lucy should go to school.
I believe that Lucy should go to school because she will learn so many things and will have a better life.
Question 24: Each person in our class was asked to select two different days of the week for farm duty. Students could choose Saturday and Monday or Thursday and Friday and so on. How many different combinations are possible?
Predict: I predict that I will have to use a table.
Clarify: I have nothing to clarify.
1. First you have to make a table and label it with all the days of the week.
2. Then you have to think of combinations for Monday shown below.
3. Then you do the same for the rest of the days. They are shown below.
4. Add all the combinations and you get 21.
|Monday & Tuesday||Tuesday & Wednesday||Wednesday & Thursday||Thursday & Friday||Friday &
|Saturday & Sunday|
|Monday & Wednesday||Tuesday & Thursday||Wednesday & Friday||Thursday & Saturday||Friday &
|Monday & Thursday||Tuesday & Friday||Wednesday & Saturday
|Thursday & Sunday|
|Monday & Friday||Tuesday & Saturday||Wednesday & Sunday|
|Monday & Saturday||Tuesday & Sunday|
|Monday & Sunday|
Summary: The strategy I used was a table to do my combinations in.
QUESTION 23: Fill in the digits 1,3,4,5 and 6 so that the sum on every side of the triangle is 9.
PREDICT: I predict that I will have to use addition to work out the problem.
CLARIFY: I have nothing to clarify.
1. First you have 2 on the bottom left corner of the triangle so I worked out the left side first. So the numbers we have to use are 1,3,4,5 & 6. Above the 2 I put six and above the 6 I put 1 because 2+6=8 and then I add a one to 8 and you get 9.
2. Then we have to do the right hand side. On the bottom right corner I put 3 then above I put 5 then at the top there is 1. I put 3 and 5 on one side because 5+3=8 add 1 which is 9.
3. Now we do the bottom row and we already have 2 & 3 so there is one number left which is 4. 2+3=5+4=9.
SUMMARY: The strategy I used was addition because you need to know your addition to work out the problem.